This month’s leaderboard has Australian Wind Symphony up top.
How did they do it?
- Created 4 concerts this year, with selected dates.
- Advised their followers: “subscribe by Jan 31st and you’ll get free entry for as long as your subscription is current”
- Dozens of followers have become monthly subscribers. Every. Month. And their last event is in November so that’s a long commitment!
This method ticks the box of providing something tangible as a philanthropy reward, on a deadline to subscribe, and converts followers into subscribers.
Not a performer? Here’s your hack
We’ve got a few ideas how you can inspire your subscribers even if you’re not literally walking onto a stage.
- Offer a new subscriber package of early or exclusive access to see your art
- Offer a series of talks about your work
- Set dates for a few workshops to enable followers to learn your skills
- Host your own art walking tours: one hour on foot in your district talking up the arts of the area (street art, anyone?)
- Team up with another artist, and bring small groups to each other’s exhibitions: you can talk about the art, they can meet the artist, see the work, grab a coffee afterwards. Maybe even have a go while they’re there.
- Offer rent-to-own art. Could they even take it home today?
- Take a look forward in your art diary. Could the next four things constitute a subscriber package?
Australian Wind Symphony kindly granted permission to be used as a case study.